Below are a range of webinar recordings freely available to our Members. Further webinars are available for purchase in the SDA Online Store
CPD Points: Professional Development > Attendance > SDA Sports Nutrition Lecture/Tutorial/Webinar Attendance (min. 1 hour) = 10 pts.
* Please do not share recordings with colleagues and friends. SDA receives notifications for all downloads, and if we notice downloads from non-purchasers, appropriate steps will be taken.
**By downloading these files, please be aware – all content is the intellectual property of individuals (as named), and Sports Dietitians Australia. Files must not be shared, copied or further disseminated without the express and written permission of Sports Dietitians Australia. Permission is not given for any commercial use or sale of this material.
ASADA Update – July 2019
- Setting the scene with discussion of sanctions from supplements and HESTA / informed sport supplement contamination research.
- Science will discuss cross-contamination of meat from clenbuterol and the process of batch testing of supplements.
- Legal will explore the no fault clause in the WADA code and how this can inform practice of SDA practitioners, what to document when prescribing supplements and what athlete support personal WADA code rules are applicable to dietitians.
- Medicine will review the AIS supplement framework and the cross over between medical and performance supplements and who should be prescribing what for maximal safety and performance.
- The Education team will cover resources for SDA practitioners, the ASADA app and other athlete and practitioner specific resources.
Click here to view: ASADA Update – July 2019
Link to Peter’s edited book “Nutrition and Performance in Masters Athletes” that was published earlier this year by CRC Press/Taylor & Francis: https://www.crcpress.com/Nutrition-and-Performance-in-Masters-Athletes/Reaburn/9781439871874
Peter also has his own blog where his other book “The Masters Athlete” is available in hardcopy or pdf with separate chapters also available in pdf: http://www.mastersathlete.com.au/