4 apples (out of 5)
Apricot & Coconut
Seeds (42%) [sunflower seeds, linseeds, [pepitas, sesame seeds], brown rice syrup, chicory extract, brown rice flakes, cranberries (8%) [cranberries, sugar, sunflower oil], puffed quinoa (5%), puffed rice, sunflower oil, honey, natural flavour, rosemary extract.
The Stats (Cranberry):
|Nutrient||Per 100g||Per serve 30g|
|Energy – kJ (calories)||1890 (452)||567 (136)|
Saturated Fat (g)
|Dietary Fibre (g)||7.9||2.4|
Source of fibre; No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
The good news:
- Product is mainly seeds (42%), a positive as they contain many nutritional benefits
- Suitable for those with allergies to egg and milk, and those unable to consume gluten
- Portion controlled
- Convenient on-the-go snack
- Great taste
- Low in saturated fat
- Relatively short ingredient list with no artificial additives
The not-so good news:
- The second ingredient is a sugar (brown rice syrup)
- Low in protein so may not be suitable for post-exercise recovery snack if eaten alone
- Small portion may not be satisfying as a snack if eaten alone
Golden Days seed bars are a convenient snack food suitable for those with some food allergies and sensitivities. The ingredient list is short with nothing artificial, and the product tastes great. The only downside of the seed bar is that it is quite small, which along with a low protein content, may not keep you feeling sustained for long.
Disclaimer: Statements and opinions expressed in product reviews are personal views of individual SDA members, and do not necessarily reflect the policies or opinions of SDA, nor does SDA accept responsibility for the nature or accuracy of such statement and opinion.