4 apples (out of 5)
- Apple, cinnamon & toasted hazelnut blended with oats, rye and barley
- Honey, fig & macadamia blended with oats, rye and barley
Ingredients: (Apple, cinnamon & toasted hazelnut)
Whole grains (59%) [Uncle Toby’s rolled oats, rolled wheat, rolled rye (lupin)], brown sugar, hazelnuts (9%), apple pieces [apple (7%), preservative (220), barley, skim milk powder, cinnamon (0.02%), salt.
The Stats (Apple, cinnamon & toasted hazelnut):
|Nutrient||Per 100g||Per serve 50g|
|Energy – kJ (calories)||610 (146)||820 (196)|
· Total (g)
· Saturated Fat (g)
· Total (g)
· Sugars (g)
|Dietary Fibre (g)||3.1||4.2|
The good news:
- Portion controlled portable cup makes it a great breakfast option to throw in a training bag for after a training session
- The nutrition information relates to the product made up with water, making quite a low energy breakfast. By adding milk, yoghurt and/or fruit, the energy and protein levels would be substantially increased, making it an ideal option to meet post training recovery targets.
- Has the Heart Foundation Tick
- Can be eaten hot or cold making it suitable for all seasons
- Great taste
- Low in sodium
- Low in saturated fat
- A good source of fibre
The not-so good news:
- Without the addition of milk or yoghurt, the product contains little protein
- Portion size is quite small, may be unsatisfying for some but adding some fruit or chopped nuts may overcome this
O&G cereal is convenient mix of grains, fruit and nuts that can be prepared to your liking and eaten hot or cold. The product is low in sodium, saturated fat and a good source of fibre, and if eaten with added milk, yoghurt or fruit can help meet recovery targets after a morning training session.
Disclaimer: Statements and opinions expressed in product reviews are personal views of individual SDA members, and do not necessarily reflect the policies or opinions of SDA, nor does SDA accept responsibility for the nature or accuracy of such statement and opinion.