- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup shredded or flaked coconut
- ¼ cup dried raisins or diced dried fruit of your choice
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 cups of muesli mix (see above)
- 1 cup diced mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (mixed into the yoghurt)
- ½ cup milk of your choice (we suggest cow’s milk)
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- More fruit to serve, if desired
Place all ingredients of the muesli mix in a large bowl. Toss to combine thoroughly. Store the muesli mix in an airtight container, in a cool part of your pantry for up to two weeks.
To make the Bircher Muesli, combine the muesli mix, mango, yoghurt, milk, apple juice and honey in a large bowl. Mix well to combine the Bircher. Allow to sit in the fridge, covered, overnight (or at least four hours).
In the morning, serve your Bircher muesli with any toppings you please. Our favourite combination is fresh berries and a handful of toasted almond flakes.
|Energy – kJ||1682|
|Energy – calories||400|