8 serves (1 serve = 1 slice)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion: chopped
- 5 garlic cloves: crushed
- 2 cups kale or spinach chopped
- 2 large eggs + 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup light shredded cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Cut sweet potato into small cubes and bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, preheat skillet and spray with oil. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 mins or until golden brown, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins, stirring frequently.
3. Add kale, herbs, salt and pepper and sauté until kale is wilted. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
4. To make the crust, mash sweet potato flesh using a fork and add mixed herbs, salt and pepper to mash. Mix thoroughly. Transfer mash to a deep pie dish and press evenly on the bottom and sides. Set aside.
5.In a large bowl, combine eggs with egg whites and whisk for 30 seconds. Add cheese, cottage cheese, previously cooked mushrooms and kale, herbs, salt and pepper and mix all ingredients to combine. Pour mixture into prepared crust and flatten with spatula
6. Bake 50 mins at 200 degrees or until the knife inserted comes out clean. Let quiche cool then cut into 8 slices. Serve hot or cold.
|Energy – kJ||715|
|Energy – calories||170.1|
SDA Member Peta Carige http://www.petacarige.com.au
Book a consult with Peta here