For the meatballs:
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 125 g ricotta cheese, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of paprika
- 4 cups Napolitana fresh tomato sauce
For the Spaghetti:
- 1 Leek – cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 zucchinis, grated into spaghetti using a mandolin (If you don’t have a mandolin a grater works as well)
- Black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Combine mince, garlic, onion, apple and carrot in a bowl, and mix until all ingredients are combined. Add ricotta, breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, egg and spices to the bowl and mix until well combined. Shape into meatballs and place into an ovenproof dish.
Pour tomato sauce over meatballs and cover and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove lid and bake for a further 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Meanwhile cook the leek in a pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the zucchini and toss through for a few seconds until warm.
Season spaghetti with a little lemon and black pepper and divide between serving plates and top with the meatballs when they are ready.
Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley a little grated parmesan.
|Energy – kJ||2045|
|Energy – calories||487|