- 200g brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 kg white fish fillet, uncooked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs red Thai curry paste
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 2 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp red chilli, chopped
- 4 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 kg mixed green beans and broccoli
- 8 lemon wedges
- Cook rice in a covered pan for 15-20 mins until soft.
- Process the fish fillets in a food processor to form a mince.
- Add the egg, cornflour, fish sauce, curry paste, chilli and coriander, and process until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the beans and spring onions. Mix well.
- Form mixture into large patties using a spoon or wet hands.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry patties and turn when golden brown.
- Remove when cooked and drain.
(2 patties, 1/2 cup rice,
|Energy – kJ||1178|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.5|
2 patties = ~150-160g cooked
500g yields approx. 9 patties
SDA Member Harriet Walker
First published on harrietwalker.com.au