Chicken and Spinach Pie
- Spray oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g chicken breast, diced
- 1 ½ cups low-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 ½ cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 250g spinach, roughly chopped
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Small handful pine-nuts
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Spray pie dish with oil or line bottom with baking paper.
- Lightly brush or spray 5 sheets of filo with oil and line baking dish.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan and cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 4 minutes or until golden.
- Add chicken to pan and cook for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Scatter chicken and onion mixture over the pastry.
- Combine feta, cottage cheese, spinach and eggs in a bowl and pour mixture over chicken.
- Brush or spray remaining filo layers with oil and cover top of pie. Tuck in the edges to seal pie.
- Crumble over some feta cheese and pine nuts.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
|Energy – kJ||1452|