Are Your Students Supplement Savvy
In this current era of burgeoning supplement use, including a high prevalence within secondary schools, coupled with rising anti-doping rule violations, are your students supplement savvy?
Sports Dietitians Australia (SDA), in partnership with Informed Sport, have developed an education program that supports you and your young athletes in this topical area.
This webinar, for teachers, coaches and parents of adolescent athletes, will cover the following:
- Appreciating the differences between performance enhancing drugs and supplements
- The latest testing policies under the ASADA Act and ASADA Regulations
- The role of an Accredited Sports Dietitian, and how they work closely with coaches with the athletes’ best interests in mind.
- Information about third party testing to identify safe supplements to use
- Where to go for more information and support.
This is about helping athletes make a choice that’s safe and most beneficial to their individual situation.
Please note that there are minor quality issues with the recording (flashing screen at 8.00min and some loss of sound during Q&A (between 28.00min-30.00min)). Our apologies for this.
**By downloading these files, please be aware – all content is the intellectual property of individuals (as named), and Sports Dietitians Australia. Files must not be shared, copied or further disseminated without the express and written permission of Sports Dietitians Australia. Permission is not given for any commercial use or sale of this material.