- Spray olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated or thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, reduced salt
Spray a nonstick wok or frying pan with oil and heat. Add the egg and swirl to create a thin omelette. When the egg has set and cooked, turn out, cool and cut into short, thin strips.
Cook rice according to packet directions. Once rice is cooked, drain and cover until needed.
Wash the wok or frying pan and spray with oil and heat again. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat for 2 minutes stirring often. Add the chicken in and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until chicken starts to brown. Add all vegetables and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just softened. Add the rice and stir until combined and heated through. Finally, mix through the parsley and egg, and season with soy sauce to taste.
|Energy – kJ||1200|
|Energy – calories||286|