Total Time: 20minutes
Yield: 12-16 brownies
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup peanut or almond butter OR allergy-friendly substitution
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp flour (oat, white, or spelt flour all work)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (+ more for the top – optional)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar of choice
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line an 20cm pan with baking paper (or grease well). Gently heat your nut butter until liquid enough to stir easily. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in sweet potato and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients (this is the dry mixture) – make sure that baking soda is evenly incorporated! Pour dry mixture into wet mixture (not the other way around) and mix together.
- Using a spatula, scoop out mixture and smooth into the prepared pan. Use a second sheet of baking paper to really smooth it down evenly.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 20 minutes. It will look a little underdone, but it firms up as it cools. (If for some reason yours is still too gooey after cooling, loosely cover and let it sit in the fridge a few hours.)Nutrition breakdown based on 16 brownie yield
|Serving size 40g||Calories per brownie 148|