Webinar – Adaptive® New Zealand blackcurrants – A breakthrough natural sports performance enhancer recording
2before® blackcurrant powder contains the optimum dose of New Zealand blackcurrant anthocyanins, in a water-soluble berry juice powder that is easily consumed as a shot, pre-activity. The brand name reflects the time period that the product is most effective, in the first 2 hours while the anthocyanins are rising in the blood. 2before® allows dietitians to follow food first principles and would support those athletes following a plant-based diet. 2before® is tested to ensure it does not contain banned substances and is Informed Sports certified.
Through 10+ years of painstaking science, Dr Roger Hurst and his team at Plant & Food Research have pioneered the discovery of the unique benefits of New Zealand blackcurrants for sports performance and recovery in in-vitro and intervention studies. Over this time, Roger and the team have discovered and revealed the science that underpins the unique functionality of 2Before™ blackcurrant powder. Dr Roger Hurst is a Principal Scientist at Plant & Food Research.
The Sports Dietitian:
Dane Baker is a New Zealand Registered Dietitian who has worked extensively with New Zealand’s leading teams and sporting organizations over the past 10 years. Preferentially, Dane follows food first principles for his athletes but also understands the physical toll that the level and intensity of modern training can have on his athletes. Therefore during his time as a sports dietitian, Dane has been interested in supplementation with natural bioactives and one area of particular interest has been natural polyphenols. As the scientific evidence on the sports recovery benefits of New Zealand blackcurrants grew, Dane started using and recommending anthocyanins from New Zealand blackcurrants to his athletes.
- The emerging science of polyphenols (Dane Baker)
- Summary of latest research into Adaptive® New Zealand blackcurrants (Roger Hurst):
- Performance improvement meta-analysis
- Oxidative stress management
- Immunity maintenance
- Optimum effective dose and consumption timing (Roger Hurst)
- Current understanding of mechanism of action (Roger Hurst)
- Why Adaptive® blackcurrants are different to other polyphenol sports products (Roger Hurst)
- Maintenance and enhancement of benefits with regular consumption (Roger Hurst)
- Sports team application (Dane Baker)
This webinar was brought to you by Adaptive® New Zealand blackcurrants
SDA CDP Points: Professional Development>Self Directed Study>Online Lecture = 10 pts