- 2 cups nuts
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup skim milk powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20 pitted dates
- Desiccated coconut
- Blend nuts, cocoa, skim milk powder and cinnamon in a food processor or blender until crumbly.
- Add dates, process until combined (a few drops of water may be necessary if there is not enough moisture).
- Once mixture clumps together evenly, shape into balls and roll in the desiccated coconut.
The Stats (Nutritional Profile)
|Nutrient||Per 100g||Per serve (5g)|
|Energy – kJ||9978||498.9|
|Energy – calories||2387||119.4|
The good news
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge
- Great little snack to keep on hand if you are rushed and need some quick, easy and tasty to grab.
- Easy to make a big batch for use throughout the week
- Vary the nuts and fruit to make different tasting balls
The not-so good news
- Contains allergens – nuts and dairy
- If you don’t have a blender or food processor can be hard to make
- No good for people who don’t like to get their hands dirty as it involves a lot of handy work mixing together and making into nicely shaped balls
- High in fat due to the nut content – may cause stomach discomfort if consumed before a heavy training session
- Great for use post training as it is a good source of protein and carbohydrate