Developed in partnership by Miele Home Economist Loughlin Hunter & Claire Saundry, APD, AccSD
Makes 20 bars | Prep time 12 minutes | Cooking time 20-30 minutes
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup pepita seeds
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 180°C.
- Place chia seeds, water, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla paste in the steam oven. Steam at 100˚C for 8 minutes. Stir ingredients until mixed well. Leave to cool.
- Add the dry ingredients – quinoa, pepitas, nuts, coconut, sesame seeds and cinnamon. Stir to bind ingredients. Add a little extra water if mixture is a little dry, if the recipe is too wet, add extra chia seeds.
- Place into a 20cm x 30cm tin, lined with baking paper. Wet the back of a spoon to smooth out the mix and to spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. 20 minutes will give you a chewy bar and any longer will provide a crunchier consistency.
- Leave to cool and cut into bars.
|Nutrient||Per serve (75g)|
|Energy – kJ||1125|